2014 - learning more about me

This time last year, I decided to study me so I could end the year with more answers than questions and go into 2015 with no rules or restrictions.
In January I signed up for Suzy Greaves' 12 month Life Upgrade course and dutifully looked into my personal, financial, health and home habits to see what was and wasn't working for me. I also had a couple of one to one sessions with Suzy which were invaluable.
A few months into the course I decided to investigate my eating habits. I dusted down my copy of Eating Less by Gillian Riley, read it cover to cover and made notes.
A very good friend leant me a copy of The Happiness Project over the summer and I used this to compile my very own list of Commandments and Secrets of Adulthood.
My final piece of the jigsaw came through a chance conversation relating to frustrations around food. I contacted Jo and I really think she is one of those people to have changed the course of my life.

So this is what I have learned:
Sleep solves most things.
When food is controlled I comply but then I rebel.
It's important to me that I always do the right thing.
My inner critic needs to be karate chopped neatly and succinctly.
I have used alcohol to numb and soothe.
Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good.
Food plans, diets, regimes and restrictions made me feel safe.
If it's hysterical, it's historical.
I can get an awful lot done in ten minutes.
When I think I don't need yoga, that's when I really need yoga.
If in doubt, hum "Let it go"

Comments

Popular Posts